petak, 9. listopada 2020.
"PSI LAJU DOK KARAVANE PROLAZE !"
ŽARKO PUHOVSKI
'I am politically irrelevant, and Milanovic is not a special intellectual category'
"He believes that biography is important for the discussion, not argumentation," says Puhovski
Writes: Jutarnji.hrPosted: October 9, 2020 2:13 pm
Zarko Puhovski, Zoran Milanovic (in circle)
Zarko Puhovski, Zoran Milanovic (in circle)
Dragan Matic / Cropix
Facebook
Twitter
Messenger
E-mail
Visiting the N1 Studio, political analyst Žarko Puhovski commented on President Zoran Milanović 's attacks on him.
He says that he would not call the discussion with Milanović neither polemic nor slander, but something without his name.
- First of all, because we do not play in the same league, neither intellectually nor politically. In both respects, the differences are huge, I am politically irrelevant to him, and he is not a special intellectual category. His motive may be in large part in the fact that I have warned that he is relatively well educated among politicians, but that at the level of decent debate he does not deal with terms that would allow for discussion. He believes that biography, not argumentation, is important for discussion. This is the type of moralism we have with Savonarola , Robespierre , the young Trotsky ... But they used it against people who were equal or superior to them, Puhovski believes.
He says that Milanovic cannot keep his concentration for long, but admits that he is right when he says that his two deputies are politically equal.
- On the other hand, I am not politically equal to him, he turned on me a few times from above. He did not answer any of my objections, he did not even mention them, but he is dealing with my biography, the analyst points out.
Puhovski points out that it is irrelevant to look back at some period in history, but he is brought into a situation where it is talked about and that "selected documents about it are published".
- For that, they attacked me in a wide range from Vukusic , Heni Erceg , to Slaven Letica . It’s not new, it’s been spinning for 30 years. I was indeed a witness at the staged trial, for which the Croatian political leadership was responsible at the time, and Ivica Račan played a major role in that.which it does not occur to Milanovic to mention. In this mounted process, media coverage was also controlled. When copies of old newspapers appear today, it is not in itself proof. As they manipulated the trial and the newspaper, I also found myself in a situation where I was answering questions from the presiding judge for 14 hours. I was not the crown witness, they brought me to talk about things I said against that student group at a series of public rallies in 1971. I made it clear that the story of the committee that Cicak supported was sarcastic, and then Milanovic concludes that, according to my testimony, they brought new people to the trial. He should have known that when the main hearing began, there was no more expansion of the circle of suspects, so it had nothing to do with me, explains Puhovski and continues:
RELATED NEWS
Zoran Milanović, interview
ZORAN MILANOVIĆ
The president attacked the journalists and Puhovski again: 'He could have been fatal for Croatia in The Hague'
REACTION
Puhovski: 'Milanovic does not know what he is saying. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't be a crown witness'
- I answered the quotes that came under my nose, partly correct, partly incorrect. After that, I spent hours arguing with the president of the council who dictated my words into the minutes, and it seemed wrong to me. Most of the time, I failed to correct what he dictated. But the record shows that I was in constant conflict with the council president, that he told me twice to be careful what I said, because I was saying things that were different from what they wanted as the truth. I said all this then from a weaker position against the government because Croatian university students were tied to the government until the last moment.
Commenting on why Milanovic is bothered by his testimony in The Hague today, Puhovski replied that he wanted to testify there.
- I was wrong to think that the court would accept it at least in the minutes. He says that I went to The Hague more or less voluntarily, I guess he knows that according to the law on cooperation, the Hague Tribunal was in the rank of Croatian courts. I went to The Hague as the president of the Croatian Helsinki Committee and the editor of the book of the list of war victims, which were the first and only analyzes of that until the beginning of the trial. It should not be forgotten that ’95. there was euphoria, not only because of the victory, but everyone was saying that Storm was the purest action ever. It was then that I first introduced into the discussion the civilian casualties that took place after the Storm ... After testifying, the judge approached me and asked me to stay in the courtroom. I was about 45 minutes to ask me about the details to understand the situation in ’95. There is no question that I was dismissed as an unreliable witness, says Puhovski.
Puhovski says there are two interpretations of Milanovic's behavior.
- If he is rational, he is moving in the direction of his illegitimate political son Franjo Tudjman , he wants to position himself on the right. If it is about irrationality, which I am more inclined to do, in a couple of weeks they will attack people from the right again and the conflict will continue. What matters is what other presidents in Europe do. If you look, you will see that there are only three presidents arguing with the citizens - the presidents of Belarus, Serbia and Hungary. Milanovic is fourth. Other presidents perform various functions, but it does not occur to them to quarrel with their citizens, Puhovski believes.
He pointed out that in some things the president of the state is right.
- But when he is right, he utters it in such a way as to ruin the thesis with rudeness, vulgarity or rummaging through private characteristics. I think it is right that we need one ombudsman with a number of deputies, but that we have a lot of bosses, offices ..., says Puhovski for N1 .
Pretplati se na:
Objavi komentare (Atom)
Nema komentara:
Objavi komentar